Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wyrd Painting Contest: The Rotten Harvest!

%%bbCodeItem_1%%

The next Wyrd Painting Contest, 'The Rotten Harvest', is in the works and will commence officially on September 15th and will run through October 31st.

At the moment I am setting up the structure for the contest and seeking out sponsors (many thanks to those of you who have responded so quickly!) and will announce the official start of the contest within two weeks as well as our list of sponsors.

As everyone seems to be extremely curious, we will have five categories in which entrants can place their miniatures as well as the final two categories 'Best Base or Diorama' and 'Best of Show' which will be determined when the voting is completed. The categories are:

Witches and Warlocks: Spellcasters of all sorts, from high fantasy, modern day dabbler to the far sci-fi future. If they carry a wand, cast a spell or even have a hint of mysticism to them, this is the category for them.

Not Quite Dead Yet: Still stumbling around after all the major organ functions have shut down? Have a beef with the living? This category is for the Undead, or as they like to be called 'Living Impaired'.

Things that go Bump in the Night: Creatures, critters, monsters and other things that have a tendency towards anti-social behavior and prowl the night looking for victims. Caution, here be Monsters!

The Trick or the Treat: This is our catch-all category as there are some miniatures that are just right for the theme but just don't seem to fall into any other category. Zombie Hunters, pumpkin characters and I'm sure several miniatures I never would have even contemplated.

The Harrowing Harvest: A diorama with two or more miniatures locked in combat, or something as equally disturbing. Much like our last contests 'Deadly Duel'.

A new website has been setup in order to facilitate the contest with more ease and is setup upon community based website. To take part in the contest, either through submittal or voting, you will have to create an account upon the Wyrd Miniatures website. There are forums and galleries for your use and you are very welcome to them, but you are NOT required to in order to participate in the contest.

Grab those miniatures and brushes!