Return to Website

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board

Are you new to homeschooling and have a question ? Are you new to eastern CT and want to connect with other homeschoolers ? Are you a current CHEER homeschooler, who can offer support to others on the forum ? Here's a place for you to post. Please note: No flaming; no advertisements. Thank you.

CT C.H.E.E.R. Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
high schoolers in Branford area?

Hey there!

My family and I will be moving to the Branford/Guilford area in June of 2017. We have a 13 year old son who will start ninth grade next year and a 10 year old daughter who will be in fifth grade. We've homeschooled since kindergarten here in the Boston area, so starting over to build up our new community is heavy on my mind!

I'm looking for homeschool resources, classes, activities and groups we can connect with when we move down. Specifically, I'm looking for academically challenging high school science and writing classes in the area. For those of you who homeschool in high school, are there great programs you can point me to?

I'm also looking for ways my kids can connect socially with other homeschoolers nearby. Anything you can suggest would be great!

Thanks -

Kristin Wensel

Re: high schoolers in Branford area?

Hello,

I am in the Clinton area so only about 15-20 minutes north of the Branford/Guilford area. My daughter is 15 and homeschooling! Shoot me a message maybe we can arrange a meeting or something!