Return to Website

World Wide Web Circle of Friends Reunion Planning Headquarters

A lot of planning will have to take place to ensure a smooth and successful reunion so be prepared to "dig in" and help however you can. No offer of help will be refused. Post your messages, comments, suggestions, etc. on this forum!

World Wide Web Circle of Friends Reunion Planning Headquarters
Start a New Topic 
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
wow gold
Dear immortals, I need some wow gold inspiration to create.
Views: 5   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 9, 2023 6:36pm
by daisy96
s
Sharon
Requests to Magazines
In Canada we have some perfectly delightful magazines that we would love to introduce you to. I am sure you have your favourites in your corner of the globe also. This section will be to record requests to these various magazines for free copies to be distributed a...
Views: 306   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 26, 2004 1:55pm
by Sharon Greene
Special Events Committee
Hello Everyone. I am pleased to announce that Daphne has volunteered to chair the Special Events Committee. She will be looking to you for help so post all your ideas and suggestions for games and creative ideas for Reunion 2004 here. Thanks Daphne, have lots of...
Views: 124   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 30, 2004 7:35pm
by Daphne
Swap & Gift Committee
Daphne also suggested that everyone that attends should take along a pre wrapped annonymous gift which will go in a common box or bag and when the meeting is over everyone present takes a different gift from the box. This could be like a huge WWWCOF Swap... regional...
Views: 115   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 29, 2004 7:23am
by Daphne
Requests to Governments
Each and every one of us are embassadors of the corner of the globe where we live and we are proud of this and want to share the beauty of our surroundings with the world. Let's email our local, regional and national Governments to let them know that this reunion...
Views: 164   Replies: 28
Last Post: Apr 25, 2004 5:30pm
by Sharon
Corporate Sponsorship - Stationery
Hello. I was just thinking that we need some stationery for the Reunion. Basic items, like name badges, cd labels, pens, paper, etc. Please post your suggestions etc. here with respect to these items. I have sent a request for donations to Avery Canada which...
Views: 101   Replies: 18
Last Post: Mar 30, 2004 6:55am
by Sharon
d
Daphne
Travel Curio
I´m thinking of starting a page or file of Travel Curios, to include things like everyone's starting and arriving day/time, stops on the way,(and why) total distance covered, time zones crossed, interesting things seen or that happened on the way. That sort of thing.
Views: 343   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2004 3:16pm
by Daphne
s
Sharon
Travel Arrangements
I would like to start this section of the Reunion Planning forum with this email which I received from TerryLynn Saunders. -------------------- Where exactly does Marie live? What airport is the closest? Depending on how many people want to go I might be able to...
Views: 129   Replies: 14
Last Post: Mar 25, 2004 7:53am
by Sharon
Request to Writers' Trust of Canada
Hello. My name is Sharon Greene and I am the founder of an online community called the World Wide Web Circle of Friends. In July, 2004 a gathering of our members from around the world will be taking place in Ontario, Canada. For additional information on this event p...
Views: 342   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 6, 2004 1:52pm
by Sharon Greene
d
Daphne
Runion Banner
The members in Mar del Plata, Argentina, (Charito, Daphne, Hilda, Marcela, Maria Elena & Monica) will be getting together soon to join forces to produce a reunion banner to be hung at the Reunion place and taken on outings, and also to see what fund raising or sponso...
Views: 398   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 2, 2004 4:03am
by Daphne
Requests from Tourism Organizations
Each and every one of us are embassadors of the corner of the globe where we live. Lets share the beauty of our surroundings with the world. An easy way to do this is to email your local, regional or national tourism organization and let them know that this reunion...
Views: 143   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 11, 2004 6:16pm
by Sharon
s
Sharon
The Gideons International in Canada
Hello. My name is Sharon Greene and I am the founder of an online community called the World Wide Web Circle of Friends. In July, 2004 a gathering of our members from around the world will be taking place in Ontario, Canada. For additional information on this event p...
Views: 435   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2004 6:43am
by Sharon
l
Lois
Weenie Roast
How is the food part of the reunion coming along. How large is Marie's backyard. Do you plan on 50 people at least. What about a weenie roast. Have you thought about seating arrangements. May I make a suggestion, that everyone who is driving there, if they have tho...
Views: 400   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 4, 2004 7:54am
by Sharon
d
Daphne
US/Canada border crossings
While looking up Customs restrictions for US and Canada I came across this, for crossing the border between the two countries, and thought some of you might find it useful. its is continually updated http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/customs/general/times/menu-e.html
Views: 341   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 1, 2004 7:31pm
by Daphne
s
Sharon
Beverage Donations
This is where we can post messages regarding the donations of beverages to our wonderful Reunion 2004.
Views: 367   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 1, 2004 6:52pm
by Sharon
s
Sharon
Accommodation Discounts
Lois and Bruce have booked into the Comfort Inn in Chatham and I will post an email that I sent to them here. Looking for suggestions for other places to contact with respect to group discounts. Thanks everyone!
Views: 408   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 1, 2004 5:19pm
by Claudia
Help Wanted
Many, many, many volunteers will be needed to make this reunion a success. I will list all the volunteer opportunities here. If you would like to volunteer for something that has not been posted yet please just let me know and CONGRATULATIONS, in advance, the j...
Views: 73   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 25, 2004 9:09am
by Sharon
s
Sharon
Snack Donations
Thought I would start a section for requests to companies for donations of snacks.
Views: 365   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 25, 2004 9:02am
by Sharon
s
Sharon
Donations from WWWCOF Members
If anyone from within the membership would like to donate something as a prize for the Reunion we would most greatfully appreciate it and will advertise your generosity to the world on our Sponsorship site. Thank you so much in advance.
Views: 99   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 21, 2004 5:01pm
by Sharon
s
Sharon
What Do I Need to Bring to the Reunion?
Hi! I have been getting a lot of emails asking what to bring to the Reunion. We are hoping to have the SWAP OF SWAPS on the Sunday, July 18 and we do ask that you bring a small homemade or bought gift to exchange. How special for everyone attending to draw for...
Views: 384   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 19, 2004 6:53pm
by Sharon
Accommodations Committee
The co-ordinators of this committee naturally will be our wonderful hosts, Marie, Garnet and Patsi Duquette. Please indicate your preferences for accommodations. Do you wish to camp at the Duquette's or would you sooner rent a motel room. Let our hosts know...
Views: 111   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 16, 2004 3:03pm
by Sharon
COF Commorative Pins
Hi everyone, I just sent an email to the following business about our pins. He is located near me, in Port Colborne. Let's see what kind of response we get. http://www.johnsmarketing.com/contact.html Hello. My name is Pat MacMicken, and I live in Nia...
Views: 348   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 16, 2004 2:58pm
by Sharon
s
Sharon
Reunion 2004 Challenge
Welcome to my world. I am so proud to announce that I met with the secretary for the Mayor and Council of the City of Nanaimo today, January 13/04 to receive a donation of Souvenier Pins in an assortment of the following three special designs. Coat of Arms The "...
Views: 350   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2004 9:03pm
by Sharon
a few suggestions
A) I think the meeting needs some kind of (flexible) program. E.G.A group visit to a place of interest B) Everyone that attends should take along a pre wrapped annonymous gift which will go in a common box or bag and when the meeting is over everyone present takes a...
Views: 96   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 13, 2004 5:26am
by Sharon
d
daisy
reunion
I propose that a video is made of the event, its has probably already been thought of, but I just thought a video would make a great keepsake and could be copies could be sold to other members. Also I think while Im on this, that we should think about making our own...
Views: 81   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 11, 2004 8:29am
by Sharon
s
Sharon
The Next Reunion
Would like to share this email that I received from Jeanette......... Perhaps the next reunion can be in Australia ??????? what do you think???????? Jeanette
Views: 72   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 10, 2004 3:03pm
by Sharon
s
Sharon
Requests from our Local Business People
Ruth has been pounding the pavement in Michigan requesting donations from her local businesses and here is her progress to date: Sharon I got my second donation one from Arris Matrix (don't know what this one is yet) and from Kings Music Center they have donated a...
Views: 61   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2004 9:01am
by Sharon
Just General Comment
It looks like things are getting underway. I'm glad to see we're actually doing stuff. BUT WHERE IS EVERYBODY ELSE???? Daphne seems to be participating and she lives in Argentina! Come on folks dig in your heels and write, phone, email, visit in person. W...
Views: 92   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 7, 2004 8:33am
by Sharon
s
Sharon
Welcome
Hello everyone. Today is January 1st, 2004 and the beginning of a New Year. Happy New Year to everyone and no time like the present to get started with planning and organizing the WWWCOF Reunion 2004 - only 197 days away and the countdown is definately on. Look forwa...
Views: 88   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 3, 2004 3:11pm
by Sharon Greene
d
Daphne
Circle letterhead paper
Recentely in a chat, someone Claudia?, Marie? suggested we should have a Circle letterhead, so that all who are interested could write their letters for local tourist information and local/regional products for use and/or distribution during the meeting, or for spons...
Views: 63   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 2, 2004 6:01pm
by Sharon
s
Sharon
Corporate Sponsorships - Cameras
I have today sent off the following request to Kodak Canada: Hello. My name is Sharon Greene and I am the founder of an online community called the World WIde Web Circle of Friends. In July, 2004 a gathering of our members from around the world will be taking pl...
Views: 97   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 1, 2004 10:51am
by Sharon
Free Forum powered by Bravenet