Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is there anywhere that i can check for upcoming releases for the GRRM line?

Hey guys,
Just stumbled on to this site and am blown away by the GRRM line. These are some of my favorite books ever and i cant wait to get my hands on a few of these minis. There are so many characters that dont have minis yet i am seriously dying to know what any upcoming releases might be.
Just curious and love the line.
Sam

Re: Is there anywhere that i can check for upcoming releases for the GRRM line?

I guess it was too much to hope for.
Thanks anyways. Will keep my eyes peeled for the new releases.
Are new minis released every month for this line?

Hi there.

Whenever new mini sculpts are completed, we post them on our homepage. So you are coming to the right place.

There is no set release schedule as with sculpting/mold making and casting, things can (and do) go wrong during the process which then takes time to fix and move forward to ensure the best product possible.

Dark Sword has never rushed the creative process to hit a deadline nor will we ever start. This is why there is no release schedule. The minis will be done when they are done and posted up for everyone to check out. A rushed sculptor is not a good thing so we give our sculptors the time they need to lavish on those extra fine details.

Thanks and keep checking back. I would recommend signing up for our email eNewsletter to get the latest updates hot off the press.

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

Yep, the newsletter is pretty good for letting you know what's coming up. The latest one just came out and says the following:

"We have a bunch of new Dave Summers and a couple new Jason Wiebe sculpts on deck for posting up in the weeks ahead along with four new Tom Meier sculpts for the GRRM Masterworks line."

Believe it or not, O mountainous OP, now is the worst part - Knowing they're on the way but waiting to see which 4 awesome new characters they are, whether or not Jim actually meant they'd be posted up 'in the weeks ahead' like the other new sculpts he mentioned, and then once the greens are posted, waiting for the minis to be cast and actually put up for sale. Or sometimes, for that to happen, followed by waiting for the next batch to come out too so you can order them all & combine shipping to save a few bucks. That one is the real killer for me.

I try to resist the temptation, but often end up posting here to whine and plead to Jim for a hint on which minis they are and when we can expect to see them. He's really good about replying, but due to occasional unpredictable hiccups as mentioned above, even those answers aren't always super-accurate (where the ETA is involved, that is, which is totally understandable when you beg for more info than they're really ready to announce to the world yet; I'm not complaining).

Which reminds me, hey Jim, any hints on what those 4 new Meier GRRM sculpts are gonna be? :o)

Jeff

Hi everyone -

The sculpts are all done, we just need to get approval from George when he gets back into the USA in a week or so.

All four go together. And the hint I will give you is the name of one of the four is the only thing they ever say.

Yes, it is not a super complex riddle, but at least you know the direction these four are going.

All four are designed to go together in a little diorama if you like. But can easily be displayed on their own as well.

These are not even in the molding process yet so we are looking at late December or mid January for release on them. So do not hold up your holiday orders for these four.

Warm Regards,

Jim

and if its not Rorge, Biter, Jaqen, and....and....Arya?.hmmph. well I'll just have to have a tantrum.

For the record: I do know the correct answer but next you'll have the trio made right? right? O.K. maybe some mounted heroes??

George is in town late next week so I will be hanging out with him one or more of those nights to catch up and chat next minis.

We have some ideas for Jeff Grace and for Tom Meier. Tom pretty much has a long hit list of Lannisters,Starks, babes and we also want him on the Baratheons. Jeff has IronBorn, Wildlings and some other items that play to his strengths. Tom is starting to catch up on his other commitments so my hope is that 2011 will be a big GRRM year on all fronts.

I just take it one mini at a time...

Jim

So any updates?

I'm really looking forward to Toms work on the Baratheons.

George was actually just over here in person last night hanging out while he was in town and he looked over the new sculpts from Tom. Just a couple minor tweaks on one of them and we are good to go. Hopefully this coming weekend if Tom has time to tweak...

I am looking forward to Tom doign the Baratheons as well.

Jim

thanks, looking forward to another release -

Went to the source today - I'm almost completely caught up now, at least with the Meier stuff.

Also picked up that darn Baak that Ive been looking at for years. Love it - perfect - totally great - bigger then it looks in the photo

I am happy to see someone else asking where the mounted figures are. I've been asking for years. With more of us asking for them, maybe it'll happen.

Any chance their will be a Davos Seaworth mini soon?

Dave the Flave
Any chance their will be a Davos Seaworth mini soon?

and /or Mag the mighty

Davos would be great. Am i the only one who thinks Strong Belwas is screaming for a mini? After the next book there will be a much bigger demand for him. His duel in front of the city Danny was "freeing" is one of my favorite fights in the book. Very characterful uh um... character

Hodor, Bran, and the Reeds

I'd like to see most of Dany's captains, especially Mormont. But I'm really hoping/looking forward to Meera Reed, Beric Dondarrion (with lots of, ahem, 'damage'), Stannis, Littlefinger and the Blackfish.

Others & Wights would be nice

Well, you will be happy to know that Hodor, Bran, Jojen and Meera are all finished and master molded up. Tom Meier sculpted them up and I will be posting pics this week of all four of them.

Lots of characters on Tom & Jeff's sculpting lists in the months ahead as well...

Stay tuned...

Jim

Ha! first time I've been back here since I asked for an ETA hint on the upcoming Meier sculpts for the GRRM line 3 months ago, back on Oct. 26, and what do you know - the answer just came in 3 days ago. How do I do it? :o)

Can't believe I forgot to come back and see the earlier hint as to what they were actually gonna be though.

Speaking of mounted models for this line, it would be really cool if Bran came with both a basket that somehow fits on Hodor's back, and a special Tyrion-designed saddle that could fit on a horse mini (to come later, or possibly for use on any old horse mini - if otherwise unsaddled horse minis do in fact actually exist somewhere)... That way people wouldn't have to pay for a horse and a rider at the same time (I gather the high cost of that much pewter is one major factor that has kept mounted minis out of the line so far, right?)

I know, I know, it's more than a bit late for suggestions like this.

But I'd almost certainly buy 2 such Bran's so I could have one mounted on horseback and one mounted on Hodorback. Just sayin'...

Jeff

Bran is indeed mounted in a basket on Hodor's back.

Jim

Looking forward to those pix...

Jeff

Well check em out as they are now posted up.

Enjoy...

Jim

Hey, does this count as the first "mounted" mini in the line? :o)