Return to Website

World Wide Web Circle of Friends Reunion Planning Headquarters

A lot of planning will have to take place to ensure a smooth and successful reunion so be prepared to "dig in" and help however you can. No offer of help will be refused. Post your messages, comments, suggestions, etc. on this forum!

World Wide Web Circle of Friends Reunion Planning Headquarters
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Request to Writers' Trust of Canada

Hello. My name is Sharon Greene and I am the founder of an online community called the World Wide Web Circle of Friends. In July, 2004 a gathering of our members from around the world will be taking place in Ontario, Canada. For additional information on this event please take a moment to look at this website:
http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/wwwcof/reunion.html

Recently I came across a Canada Book Day bookmark that I received during a book festival a few years back at Malaspina College in Nanaimo and I was wondering if these could be available for distribution to members attending our Reunion.

We anticipate approximately 100 people to be in attendance; all ages. The majority of the people attending this reunion have never been to Canada before and we would like to use this opportunity to showcase Canadian authors and poets to them. Would you perhaps have a list of recommended reading that we could distribute also? Perhaps a Canadian Author may wish to donate a copy of their book to be given as a prize at our reunion. Look forward to any suggestions from you on this.

I will be publishing a sponsorship site and would be proud to mention The Writers Trust of Canada on this website and I will be encouraging all members attending to purchase books by Canadian Authors both during their stay in Canada and after they leave.

I have bookmarks featuring West by Northwest, British Columbia Short Stories by David Stouck & Myler Wilkson, The Doctor's Apprentice by Ann Walsh and An Island of My Own by Andrea Spalding. I think these are very effective ways to introduce Canadian literature to the world and if we could have some of this sort of thing to distribute it would definately assist our Canadian authors in becomming more widely recognized worldwide. I hope you will be able to assist me with this or should I be contacing the book publishing companies such as Polestar Book Publishers and Beach Holme Publishing?

I will also be contacting Chapters for some level of corporate sponsorship from them and if you have any suggestions as to who I should contact within that organization I would be most thankful for that information. If you can think of anywhere else I should approach to encourage the readership and ownership of Canadian Books please advise.

For your general information we have a book review corner on our World Wide Web Circle of Friends website which you will find here:

http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/wwwcof/book.html

It would be an honour to highlight books by Canadian Authors on this website and if you send me any reviews or direct me to where I can obtain them; I will be pleased to publish them.

Look forward to hearing from you. Please email me at sharongreene@shaw.ca

Thank you in advance.

Sharon Greene
Founder
World Wide Web Circle of Friends

City, Province/State or Country Vancouver Island, Canada