Return to Website

World Wide Web Circle of Friends Reunion Planning Headquarters

A lot of planning will have to take place to ensure a smooth and successful reunion so be prepared to "dig in" and help however you can. No offer of help will be refused. Post your messages, comments, suggestions, etc. on this forum!

World Wide Web Circle of Friends Reunion Planning Headquarters
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Gideons International in Canada

Hello. My name is Sharon Greene and I am the founder of an online community called the World Wide Web Circle of Friends. In July, 2004 a gathering of our members from around the world will be taking place in Ontario, Canada. For additional information on this event please take a moment to look at this website: http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/wwwcof/reunion.html

Recently while doing some organization in my home I came across a copy of the New Testament by The Gideons International in Canada that I had received in 1983 and I was wondering if you could supply some of these for distribution at our Reunion.

We anticipate approximately 100 people to be in attendance; all ages. The majority of the people attending this reunion have never been to Canada before and perhaps may have never heard of Gideons. We will be holding a non-denominational church service onsite on Sunday morning, July 18/04 at which time the small Bibles could be presented to our membership.

I will be publishing a sponsorship site and would be proud to mention The Gideons International in Canada on this web page with a link to your website. Members would be encouraged to donate to your organization.

Look forward to hearing from you. Please email me at sharongreene@shaw.ca

Thank you in advance.

Sharon Greene

City, Province/State or Country Vancouver Island Canada

Reply from The Gideons International in Canada

We thank you for your recent interest in the ministry of distributing the Word of God.

We regret that we are not able to comply with your request. The Gideons distribute the Word of God according to very specific guidelines in hotels, motels, hospitals, prisons, etc. Unlike the Bible Society or other organizations, we are not at liberty under our guidelines to supply Scriptures to individuals. If we were to do so we would be compromising our integrity before the Christian public who support us. We have already indicated to them the specific avenues and manner in which we distribute the Bibles purchased with the money they so kindly supply. I am sure you would wish us to be honourable with our contributors.

I trust that you will be able to secure the Scriptures you request from either the Bible Society or through a local Christian Book Store.

May the Lord encourage your heart as you seek to serve Him and grow each day by searching the Scriptures.

Sincerely in Christ,

Paul Mercer
Executive Director

City, Province/State or Country Vancouver Island Canada