Return to Website

World Wide Web Circle of Friends Reunion Planning Headquarters

A lot of planning will have to take place to ensure a smooth and successful reunion so be prepared to "dig in" and help however you can. No offer of help will be refused. Post your messages, comments, suggestions, etc. on this forum!

World Wide Web Circle of Friends Reunion Planning Headquarters
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Weenie Roast

The weenie roasts that we have down here, is of course, usually hotdogs, baked beans, potato chips, of course, relish, mustard, catsup, pickles, rolls, sometimes potatoe salad, macaroni salad. If it too hot to use a grill outside, we could prepare the hotdogs on the stove. I do have a large indoor grill that I could bring I guess. Perhaps I could make a trip to the store when I get up on the day we arrive to pick up things for it. Wish that I could bring some of my egg potato salad, it is the best.

I have another question, how much is coffee up there, like Maxwell, etc. If I was to bring coffee, could I bring it into Canada from here. If it is cheaper down here, I would gladly bring several cans of it.

Take care, Love, Lois.

City, Province/State or Country North Carolina

Weenie Roast

Thanks so much for all these great suggestions Lois and I would be one of many who would love to try your egg potato salad. Please give me your list of ingredients and I will make sure we have everything on hand for you.

I think coffee is taken care of but if you want to bring some from down there I am sure it will be most appreciated and it will not go to waste.

Marie has lots of large cooking pots, etc. but once again Lois, anything that you would like to bring please feel free to do so just as long as there is room left for you and Bruce!

Love,
Sharon

City, Province/State or Country Vancouver Island Canada

Re: Weenie Roast

I can not find my request to Kraft Kitchens but I received this response:

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your e-mail.

As you can probably well imagine, every year we receive thousands of requests for donations and contributions.

As a result, we have created a donations policy that focuses on charitable giving to national campaigns only. We believe this is the fairest and most equitable approach. While we would like to be able to respond favorably to all requests, this would be prohibitively expensive. At the same time, we do not want to donate to some charities and refuse others; we believe this would be too arbitrary and unfair. For the past number of years, our focus has been the Canadian Food Banks. To date, we have donated over 8.5 million pounds of food as well as made a cash donation of 1 million dollars.

Although we are unable to assist you, we wish you success with your event!

Regards,
Cynthia
Kraft Kitchens
www.kraftcanada.com

Service Request Number: 1-290638250

City, Province/State or Country Vancouver Island, Canada