Return to Website

World Wide Web Circle of Friends Reunion Planning Headquarters

A lot of planning will have to take place to ensure a smooth and successful reunion so be prepared to "dig in" and help however you can. No offer of help will be refused. Post your messages, comments, suggestions, etc. on this forum!

World Wide Web Circle of Friends Reunion Planning Headquarters
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reunion 2004 Challenge

Welcome to my world. I am so proud to announce that I met with the secretary for the Mayor and Council of the City of Nanaimo today, January 13/04 to receive a donation of Souvenier Pins in an assortment of the following three special designs.

Coat of Arms
The "Arms" for the City of Nanaimo were officially registered in London in 1951. The barque on the shield represents the early settlers from Britain; the black diamonds represent the coal industry; the open second and third quarters indicate the unfulfilled future. The crest in the Arms is the Hudson's Bay Company bastion. To the shield and crest were added the wreath of six links of silver and red, the helmet and mantling of silver and red. The motto - "FAITH AND LABOUR"

Historic Bastion
The Nanaimo Bastion was built as a fort in 1853 armed with two 6 pound short-barreled cannons. Fortunately, these were never required for defense and were only employed for ceremonial salutes.

It is now Nanaimo's oldest man-made landmark still standing and the ony such Hudson's Bay Company structure remaining in Western Canada.

THE HARBOUR CITY
The newest and perhaps most collectible pin!

I think the City of Nanaimo should be congratulated for this donation; in particular Marilyn (Marilyn.Smith@nanaimo.ca). I challenge your City Mayors or Councils to do the same, if not exceed!

Who knows where the next reunion will be?

City, Province/State or Country Vancouver Island, Canad