Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Musshafen/Unser marriage

I have recently been given information of another distant MUSSHAFEN connection to my POGGENPOHL/MUSSHAFEN family. Here's the info:

ANDREAS JOSEPH UNSER married JOSEPHINE JUNG (YOUNG). She was the daughter of ANTON JUNG & FRANZISHA MUSSHAFEN of Steinmauren, Germany. This line eventually married into the CURTIN family in Illinois, USA. My CASHEN line also married into this CURTIN family in Illinois. My CASHEN line married into the POGGENPOHL/MUSSHAFEN line, also in Illinois.

My MUSSHAFEN line comes from CONRAD MUSSHAFEN (b 1828 Steinmauren, Germany -- d 1871, Illinois, USA) he married MARIA REFINA ROSINA JAEGER (b 1832 Steinmauren, Germany d 1895, Illinois, USA). These were my second great grandparents.

I have been told that DAMIAN MUSSHAFEN (b 1790, Steinmauren, Germany d 1871, ?) and JULIANA KAMBEITZ (b 1798, Germany d 1871, ?) were CONRAD's parents.

I have visited Steinmauren and met with members of the MUSSHAFEN family, but we can't connect our lines. I would appreciate more information on FRANZISKA MUSSHAFEN and ANTON JUNG.

Actually, I'd appreciate information on any of these lines.

Happy Holidays,
Linda Cashen Gaunt