Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Schmitzer Surname

Hello,
I have been to your website and found my great grandfather Johann Anton Schmitzer who migrated to Australia in 1852.

According to your records he was originally from Dahenfeld, I was wondering if any relatives you may know of are still in Dahenfeld and if you have any further information which may help me with my ancestry.

I would appreciate any help you can offer as being Australian it is quite a difficult task tracking down my family history in German!

Regards

Ben Schmitzer

Re: Schmitzer Surname

We have a family history book that shows the schmitzers from northern NSW to the present day. Before they came to Australia we know very little.

Hi Beverley,I'm from the Schmitzer family of northern NSW and would love to get in touch and swap information. My g g grandfather was George Joseph Schmitzer,(married to Catherine Frey)who lived on Oxley Island. Cheers Julie

Hi Ben, I would love to see if you have found out any info since your post. We share some common relatives.....but my line is from another brother , George Joseph, who emigrated to Australia around the same time as Johann Anton. Can't find any record of his trip unfortunately, but I do have some early German family details you may like. Would love to share info. Cheers Julie