Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GRRM miniatures prerelease sale.

Any news yet on when we can order the forst wave of GRRM minis? They all look excellent.

I'm also looking forward to the names of the proposed second wave.

Rob

Re: GRRM miniatures prerelease sale.

Can't wait for the GRRM miniatures to go on sale. Until then, is there a chance you could set up a section on the Dark Sword site dedicated to pics of the figures? Or does said section already exist and I'm just missing them?

Thanks,
Juba

Hi there -

We are looking at the week after Thanksgiving at this time as things got pushed out a tad as the production molds were being dialed in.

As soon as they are ready to rock n' roll, I will post them up for sale along with the special offers/prize drawings that will support this release.

I highly recommend you joining our mailing list as the will find out about this right away.

You can check the pics out in our Sneak Peeks Section at this time. There will be an entire section of the site when the line is in full release.

Cheers,

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

Will all of the figure variations be included in the 10 item pre-release? I'm sort of hoping so, since the whole point of buying the set is to get it all.

I'd also like to second the notion to put up a dedicated page for the GRRM line, in particular I'd love to see a picture of all the finished miniatures together in a row (apparently they were on display at GenCon).

Also, do you have a list yet of all the characters that are going to be in the first run? So far it seems like a lot of generic NW warriors, which is all right, but not very interesting. The Night's Watch never seemed (to me) to be very important to the story.

Hello everyone -

All 10 miniatures will be included, it will be your choice on which weapons/sheilds to give the miniatures with options. All sprue options will be included with each blister. You will need to purchase multiple blisters of the one Night's Watch guard if you want to have both the assembled Sword/Shield 1 and Axe/Shield 2 combos in your collection. In regards to The Hound with his three different head options, once again - all three will be included, and you can simply choose which one looks the best.

Miniature List for Wave 1 -

Jon Snow
Ser Sandor Clegane "The Hound"
Melisandre - Priestess of R'hllor
Ser Jaime Lannister
Cersei Lannister
Ser Loras Tyrell "Knight of the Flowers"
Night's Watch Warrior with Bow
Night's Watch Raven Keeper of the Shadow Tower
Night's Watch Warrior with Spear
Night's Watch Warrior with Weapon/Shield Choices

Stay tuned and thanks for the good question.

Cheers,

Jim

I disagree about the importance of the Night Watch. I'm very pleased to see the night watch figures in the first wave. I hope to see alot more of them in the future. I also look forward to seeing figures on horseback. I am excited about this range and intend to buy at least one of everything produced. Keep up the good work.

The GRRM figs are now officially posted for sale.

Have at it!

Cheers,

Jim

just wondering... how do i know if i am one of the first 99?

Have now ordered and I'm really looking forward to recieving these....

Out of curiosity, who do people want to see in the second wave? My choices (assuming that we ony see one or two members of each major house) and also assuming that there will be some female models and some troops as well...

Stark: Eddard Stark or Ghost to go with Jon

Lannister: Gregor "The Mountain that moves" Clegane

Baratheon: Brienne of Tarth or Stannis Baratheon

Targaryan: Dany (with the newly hatched dragons)

Greyjoy: Victarion Greyjoy

Random : Barristan the Bold

For Troops, I'd like to see some Red Cloaks or generic Lannister bannermen.

Rob

Any chance of seeing some pics of a painted Hound sans helmet?

My ideal second wave: Arya, Tyrion, Sansa, Daenerys, Littlefinger, Eddard, Syrio, Gregor, Tywin, and Bronn.

Hi there.

If you got your order in today, you are one of the first 99 as almost half of the complete sets with certificates are now gone.

There were a number of people that did not order the complete set, but rather ordered singles of certain miniatures. At this rate, the first 99 complete sets with the personalized certificates should be sold out by the end of the week if not within the next few days.

Cheers,

Jim

These look awesome and I'm glad I got in on one certificate.

Anyway, whatever you decided for the next wave, you must put in Ned!

Thanks for the update! I couldn't tell if I was one of the 99 - lucky me!

Would love to see one of the wolves as part of the next set!

Very cool. This officially marks the first miniatures I've bought since I was a teenager... and I'm going to have to buy some painting supplies next. I'm going to have an interesting time explaining this to my wife. ;)

If possible, could you let us know when the first 99 sets are gone so that we know if we made it in or not?

Thanks very much,

-Brad

These look sweet, although I think I might be a little too poor to afford not only the full set, but the expense of getting them painted :(

As for future figures, I'd like to see Ned and one of the direwolves (Ghost is my personal favorite), perhaps Halfhand, the Mountain, and Ser Barristan. I would also consider it an extremely gratifying personal favor if Oberyn were made into a figure somewhere down the line. Of all the characters, he's the one I would say I'd 100% definitely buy a figure of.

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the great suggestions on characters for the next set of 10 miniatures.

I can for sure tell you that a number of your suggestions are already on the short list that we will present to everyone to sound off and cut down to the final 10.

As I always want to provide info to you all, I feel obligated to let you know that - Eddard, The Mountain, Tyrion and Dany are for sure on the list...

Right now we are over 2/3 sold out of the complete sets with the certificates, so there is still time to snap up a set or two. If you placed your order for a complete set before 9 pm CST on Thursday November 29th - you are locked in and getting a certificate.

Keep the suggestions coming. I read everything!

Cheers,

Jim