Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
George R.R. Martin / Tom Meier line

Jim, great news on the new line. I am very excited that Tom will be able to continue with this line and IMO at a much preferred scale as well. I was rather dissapointed when Testors let it drop.

Re: George R.R. Martin / Tom Meier line

replying to my own post - sorry.

Jim,
How soon do you think you will have these down at "The Source" ? I'm also interested in the 5th anniversary mini as well.

thanks,
Andrew

Hi there.

It will be later this year for getting this first batch out. The Source will have them right away of course as Dark Sword always does pre-release events there.

The 5th Anniv mini will be at the Source late next week so check back. The Angel will be there as well.

Cheers,

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

Thanks Jim,
I guess I will just have to be patient. Is it possible to be given a heads up when you are doing a pre-release at the source?

Andrew
Gloria_Invictus

So....this needs a games system!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!!!!!!

So will this line be using the rules testors had (Done by Andy Chambers)?

Hi Adam -

No it will not.

I think that pretty much died with the Testors deal.

We are just focusing on putting out the highest quality miniatures we can.

If something develops later, great - but our main goal is to deliver on the miniatures.

Chees,

Jim

Jim,

Any update as to the possible release date of these first models? I can't wait to get my hands on them :)
The studio I work for is a fledgling miniature painting service. If you've heard of Blue Table Painting, Brand X is what you would call an "off-shoot".. if you know what I mean.
Anyway, I'm a huge fan of George's books AND of Tom's sculpts.. I could not have been more excited about this line.. especially seeing it here on Dark Sword. Anyway, we plan to paint up the Ice & Fire minis at our highest quality. They deserve it, those greens look FANTASTIC!

Hi there.

We are looking at early November. In the meantime get ready for a couple new green pics this weekend. I think you will really enjoy the twins...

Stay tuned...

Cheers,

Jim

Will these sets be available pre painted? I'm not much of a minature person and my dry brush skills are weak at best. I would love to get a couple of sets professionally done to display at home and the office.

Thanks
Denz

So, there is supposed to be an online pre-release party in early november?

exactly how can i show up? will it involve pre-orders, bychance? is it for a very limited time, or will it last longer than a day or weekend?

i am very excited for this release.

thanks for the great work, in advance!

matthew

Hi everyone -

The Online pre-release party will be a special online pre-release of all 10 of the first GRRM miniatures. I need to speak with George about some other things we could do as well around this as well.

In regards to getting a set painted up professionally, feel free to contact any of our painters from the Useful Links section. I am sure you could convince one of them to paint you up a killer set of them for a reasonable ($75 - $100 each) cost.

Cheers,

Jim

They look stunning! The detail is just amazing. These are going to fly off the shelves. I knw *I'll* be buying a set! BRAVO!!

these are absolutely stunning in their precision. i'll be more than happy to hand you a fistfull of money when they are ready!

I just have a question regarding the paintwork of the miniatures. The mens shields. will they be just gray like they are now or will they be painted too?

thanks!
Ingrid

These are excellent. The details on Loras's armor are especially gorgeous. I will definitely buy a Hound as soon as he's available, and I may go wild and buy a whole set. I would love to see an Arya sometime soon, and I'd certainly buy several Sansa's should they ever exist.

Hi everyone -

Thanks for the kind words.

We are all so very excited about this new premium miniatures line - I cannot wait to start shipping them out to everyone so you can see how stunning they are in person. Tom Meier is **** good at what he does, no question about it.

The miniatures will be in bare pewter and people can paint them however they like. Our studio versions will have their shields are done with the proper markings and color schemes.

As a matter of fact, George has provided me with full color schemes for the first 10 miniatures for our staff painters to work from. George is very concerned with the small details and I LOVE THAT about him!

These miniatures are very important to George and he wants to be sure everything is dialed in perfect. I would have it no other way.

Stay tuned for early November folks....

Cheers,

Jim

Will this full color schemes George has provided be posted on the site? Because I would realy like to have the miniatures painted according to the books...
Can't wait to buy them

That is a great idea. Consider it done once we post up the painted minis. I will post up George's guidance with them as well.

Thanks!

Jim

Will Tom be sculpting any wildling figures for the next series, to act as a sort of counter-point to the Night's Watch figures? There's got to be some scope there for some interesting types -- a Hornfoot fighting man, a wild-haired woodswitch, Rattleshirt, a spearwife, even a giant...

Does the license also allow for characters who don't really appear in the series, but are mentioned, to be depicted? For example, Rhaegar, the Sword of the Morning, and so on.

Hi there.

Wildlings will most likely be done pretty soon.

We can do whatever characters we want.

However, please note that the process will work like this -

1. George, Tom and myself will get together and come up with a short list of 10-12 potential character types and a background character/troop type.

2. We will then have everyone vote on which character miniatures are the final six. This will be done via the George Martin Live Journal most likely.

Cheers,

Jim

I have a few short questions:

Will this first set be numbered?

Will there be any discount for buying all ten at once during the pre-release party?

Have you voted on which 6 characters you'll be putting out after these?

Will you be making more than one of each of the Stark kids (ie- a version from Game of Thrones, and another when they're older in Feast for Crows)? In this vein, might you later redo figures in new outfits or expressions, as not everyone will like them in the first run?

Hello

These miniatures are the best I've ever seen for this scale !

I wonder if it would be allowed to purchase 2 complete sets of all ten miniatures during the pre-release party.

Hi there.

We will indeed be doing different versions of each character as the books progress and they get older, loose hands, etc...

The full pre-release party details will be conveyed once the sets are posted for sale (or pre-sale as many people want us to post them up ASAP so they can lock in their order and have them shipped out right away after they arrive). But I can tell you that you can indeed order two complete sets of the 10 different miniatures. The first 99 complete sets of 10 miniatures ordered up will receive a hand-signed certificate by George R.R. Martin, Tom Meier, and myself that calls out the fact that they received one of the first 99 complete sets released.

More advance info for the online pre-release party - Anyone that orders a complete set of 10 miniatures will also be entered into a drawing for cool signed and personalized books from George R.R. Martin and cool Dark Sword swag. One entry for every complete set ordered up is how this will shake down. There will be lots of prizes and such to kick this new premium miniature line off !

Cheers,

Jim